Well i guess they will all be capoeira week, but we are having an event here in Itabuna and it started two nights ago. Capoeira, music and rodas every night. I am learning the differences between capoeira here and capoeira in the states physically and socially. It seems i am always learning and so many people want to teach me, and some want to teach me a lesson! It is not what i expected to be, but things rarely ever are. I am working on assignments, sleeping in late, doing capoeira and staying up late. I think i am already accustomed to the Brasilian schedule. I am missing dancing so i think i am going go out today and check out some dance classes. Living in the house of someone else I am balancing respect their space and allowing myself to respect my own.
My portuguese is coming along, it would help if I stopped speaking in english with my capoeira buddies though! I am gonna go see if i can get some errands done, maybe some homework too!
Have a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment