I am here... finally. My plane to Quito couldnt land Wednesday, so we landed in Guayaquil a coastal city and were housed at the Hilton, I got a room all to myself. My bed was HUGE, it was amazing. I did not mind the diversion at all! I got in around 1pm yesterday and i didnt have to do a thing, i was told by Margarita ( my host mom) to sleep and rest. I live with Maragrita and Marco and their niece Maria Ines, they are all very nice. Margarita and Marco are retired and have a lot of time to teach me how to absolutly everything, i feel a bit like a 4 year old. I went to class today, i only have one on Fridays it was Montain climbing. My uncle Scot will be very glad to know that i learned how to tie three different knots today! I understood most everything but it is still difficult for me to find the words and structures to use, so I end up saying " que bueno" and "gracias" a lot.
The food is very good, a lot of very tasty soup, lots of freash veggies and fruta, I will not starve! It s warm here, nobody thinks it is, but to me it is. It is a bit humid even here in Quito. I like being outside but i dont know of place to go or how to get thier so for now Marco has been showing me how to get everywhere (thank god).
Tommorow Ingrid is going to come over, she was Marco and Margaritas previous student and now she lives in an apartemento, we had a class at PSU together last Spring term! I guess she dances salsa a lot, so i am going to ask her if maybe she wouldnt mind bringing me along! We are also going to go to the mall i guess, I sorta forgot to bring socks ( i have 4 pairs!) Oops!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad you are finally there Sissy! Thank you for all the details. It sounds like your host family is awesome! And I am totally jealous that it is warm!
ReplyDeleteStill obsessed with the Wii Fit. Patrick hasn't beaten all of our scores...yet.
Love you, Love you, Love you!
Your sissy