Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas is in a few days?!

Today i learned (again) how to wash clothes. It is always humbling when you are taught how to do laundry over again....

Last night I went to a great capoeira class and woke up with a very sore behind! I went out for the daily walk around the river and enjoyed the wonderful sun, no one understands why i like to be out in such heat. I still dont have enough portuguese to explain the extreme lack of sun in portland. I got a lot of "oh my gods" yesterday when i went out to run when it was raining...when it was 70 degrees. I guess that means cold here! I even saw a man riding his bike holding an umbrella! Amazing!

I think i am going to go find a dance studio today and buy some repellent. Even though everyone says there are no bugs here they have found me, specifically my legs! I will try and get some pictures of itabuna to post, even though the river is pretty contaminated its very pretty. There is some sweet bird life on the river. There are herons and king fishers everywhere, white, grey, I even think i saw some grey ones! There is some other bird that sorta looks like a chicken... I have name it river chicken. Coconut water is sold along the river for about 60 cents a cup! I am getting a little more accustomed little by little. I am going to go take a cold cold shower...

No comments:

Post a Comment