Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ist day!

Its just been one day but it has felt like a week! We made it all around town today, sitting in hot traffic but since we rented a car it was nothing like it would have been in the bus. Salvador is huge!!!!! We went up to the Pelourinho today, we got to change money, I meet a really charming parrot. Capoeira wise, there are a ton of schools in the district, it is the historic district. It is really pretty, and really high up so you are always walking up and down hills. We went to meet Mestre Lua Rasta who makes the best instruments around, they where all beautiful! I bought my first berimbua (a instrument used in capoeira) and I love her! :) We went to visit a few schools and were invited to play capoeira a little bit, so I got my excersize I missed from sitting for two days in an airplane! I was pretty nervous (its intimidating when you go to the source!! haha) in the rodas but I think it will be something that will get easier and easier. Portugese is coming along well.

I can't make phone calls right now, cabinas are not as common in brasil as they were in Ecuador. When I am in Itabuna, where I will be leaving for Saturaday night, I should have internet that I can connect to and use skype.

bejos!

3 comments:

  1. Love you sissy! Glad to hear that you were able to get out and get active. Can't wait to hear all of the details!

    ReplyDelete